· 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, remove tops and cut in half lengthwise (top to bottom)
· 1 red onion, chopped
· 6 cloves garlic, chopped
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· Pinch of red pepper flakes
· 2 Tablespoons olive oil
· 8 slices uncooked thick-cut bacon cut in 1/2 inch strips
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Spread the Brussels sprouts, onions and garlic on the pan. Sprinkle the with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with the olive oil. Toss the sprouts until well coated.
3. Ensure Brussels sprouts are in a single layer. Sprinkle the cut bacon pieces over the pan evenly. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the sprouts are tender and beginning to crisp.
4. Taste and season with additional salt if necessary.
©2020 by Body Shop Coaching and Wellness